My friend Nick graciously invited me to a
I decided I wanted some ammunition besides my memories and my
I couldn’t find any.
Plenty of advice on how to start a book club, the sorts of finger foods to serve, and a few generic questions (“What did you like about the book?”).
So, I hereby propose a few questions to get people thinking about and debating a book:
- When you think about the book, what’s the first thing that you remember?
- What are the turning points in the story?
- What stood out?
- What made you uncomfortable?
- Which was the most memorable character?
- What do you disagree with?
- If someone asked you why they should read this book, what would you say?
- What was weird? Was the weirdness effective? That is, did it add something?
- If you had written this, what would you have done differently?
What would you add to the list?