Arrrrrg. This has to be one of the most frustrating experiences in recent memory.
I have this animated series that I want to make, called Wine to Those in Anguish, out of my own pocket. I’ve found a terrific character designer. He expressed cautious interest, but wanted to look over my ideas first. I pointed him to my online repository of scripts, episode summaries, etc.
He kinda freaked.
The problem is that I put in a couple of rather grotesque things. The story is about a girl who had totally given up her sense of
When I thought about it, I realized that the probe really was unnecessarily extreme. But as for the nudity, I had always planned to do that very very carefully; the scene would be put together such that you’d never really see her nude; you’d just see her from the shoulders up, or the knees down. Anyone who knows me knows that I’d never do that in any way other than extremely tastefully.
Unfortunately, the character designer doesn’t know me. So when he read that stuff, he was afraid that this was all
So now I’ve got to
It’s such a delicate process, too. I’ll have to phrase my