So. This journal has been oddly quiet of late. As is usual with blogs, this is not due to me being particularly busy. Busy periods often cause increased blog activity as there’s just so much more to write about.
Well, actually, that’s a bit inaccurate. I have been busy, but busy doing jobs of my own devising.
Particularly, I’ve been keeping up on my commitment to my three
And here’s the odd thing: I’ve been doing a heck of a lot of writing. As you can see on my
Most of that writing has been for my Gettysburg project, which is as follows: I want to film a
Why on Earth should I make a documentary about Gettysburg? A couple of reasons:
- I’m sick of boring, unimaginative Civil War documentaries. Ken Burns does not define the boundaries of all that can be done here.
- I visited Gettysburg last year, and came up with the idea while I was there. I figure that if one is inspired to do something, that’s a pretty good reason to attempt it.
- It’s an interesting project for me, which will give me some
first-handexperience with video production.
- It’ll be another project for Saalon to put under his belt as a filmmaker. It can’t hurt to have this extra experience.
- I could sell it and make money.
- So far, it’s been a ton of fun.
Other than that, here’s the latest on my moving out: I’ve been trying to arrange a meeting with a friend of my Dad’s, who is renting out her basement as a
Right now, I’m leaning towards taking it.