I’ve finally watched Battle Angel Alita, an early-90’s anime OVA that was a classic for its time. It’s less impressive today, though it’s still a dark piece with some beautiful action sequences and a solid philosophical core.
It’s set in the future, in a literal junk city. The populace lives off the junk discarded from a floating paradise above. The protagonist is an android reconstructed from state-of-the-art parts inexplicably junked from the paradise. Her friends are various “low-lifes” fighting to survive, and she decides to fight with and for them despite not needing to.
Most of the characters betray their morals to get what they want. But they all suffer for this. The anime is less an indictment of humanity as a sad display of its frailty. It seems to be saying that people are capable of good, but keep tripping themselves up.
Which is a fair assessment, I suppose.
- Zayo Master Service Agreement
- Withdrawal Agreement Brexit Full Text
- What Is Service Level Of Agreement
- What Is A Registered Agreement Provide An Example
- What Does A Joint Venture Agreement Look Like
- Waiver Clause In Agreement Example
- Vendor Purchase Agreement Template
- Uk Lebanon Association Agreement
- Trial Agreement Definition
- Tolling Agreements California
- The Importance Of Service Level Agreement
- Termination Of Consulting Agreement
- Template Nda Agreement Us
- Suretyship Agreement In South Africa
- Subject Verb Agreement Interrogative Sentences
- States With Reciprocity Agreements With Tennessee
- Sponsorship Agreement Parties
- Site C Union Agreement
- Should I Accept A Compromise Agreement
- Settlement Agreement Template Singapore