I like to make my own stuff. I’d love to make my own furniture, clothes, etc., and I’m starting with food and daily household items.
Here’s what I currently make myself:
- Food (very little homemade in the past few weeks, as I focus on finishing up my RPG materials for the month)
- Laundry detergent
- Fabric softener — I use 1/4 cup of baking soda in the basin and 1/4 cup of vinegar in the dispenser.
- Dishwasher detergent — Unfortunately, it leaves spots. Big, obvious spots. Haven’t found a solution.
- Vegetable wash — Vinegar and water, I think in a 1:4 ratio.
Things I’d like to make myself:
- Granola bars — Done it before, and I’d like to replace the Clif bars I eat every morning.
- Cookies — I like to take tea in the afternoon at work, and homemade chocolate chip cookies are the perfect accompaniment. Used to do this a lot; haven’t done it in months.
- Yogurt — To replace the yogurt I always eat in the morning. I actually already made this; I’ll try to remember to blog about it shortly.
None of this is difficult, or consumes large amounts of time. It’s just easier, quicker, more expensive, and less satisfying to grab a box off a grocery store shelf.
One response to “Homemade Stuff”
Heres your solutiuon for DISHWASHER homemade detergent and SPOTS. Fill the “rinse aid” dispenser with VINEGAR. Add 2 packets of lemon koolaid (Citric Acid) is the key ingredient here. MY RECIPE:
VINEGAR IN RINSE AID disp.
Add the first 3 ingredients in empty coffee can and 25 drops tea tree oil in the can as well. SHAKE. If you see spots the first time …..use a little less. If you still see spots then add another pk of lemon koolaid. :) SHAKE