The American Heritage Stedman’s Medical Dictionary definition of “addiction:”
Habitual psychological and physiological dependence on a substance or practice beyond one’s voluntary control.
Some are addicted to getting money, others addicted to getting love. Some are addicted to getting time.
I’ve been guilty of time addiction, and surely haven’t completely kicked it. Time addiction means wanting to use every second to its fullest, and feeling disappointed when you don’t. It means rushing and multitasking in all things. It means speeding through neighborhoods, eating a meal in five minutes without tasting it, and a frustrated sigh when Google doesn’t load in three seconds.
Why do we want more time? Not for its own sake; for what it gives us. The ability to do more. To finish more projects and collect more things. To have more experiences. But as we all know, the more you push the gas pedal, the more the scenery blurs.
Seems to me the solution is to want less. To push off a few projects; let them wait a week or two. They may grumble, but it’s good for both of you if you can give them more attention when you return to them.
Why not defer half your current projects? Just focus on a few? Give yourself some time.
Heh. By letting go of projects, you get more time. Funny how that works, isn’t it?
- Zayo Master Service Agreement
- Withdrawal Agreement Brexit Full Text
- What Is Service Level Of Agreement
- What Is A Registered Agreement Provide An Example
- What Does A Joint Venture Agreement Look Like
- Waiver Clause In Agreement Example
- Vendor Purchase Agreement Template
- Uk Lebanon Association Agreement
- Trial Agreement Definition
- Tolling Agreements California
- The Importance Of Service Level Agreement
- Termination Of Consulting Agreement
- Template Nda Agreement Us
- Suretyship Agreement In South Africa
- Subject Verb Agreement Interrogative Sentences
- States With Reciprocity Agreements With Tennessee
- Sponsorship Agreement Parties
- Site C Union Agreement
- Should I Accept A Compromise Agreement
- Settlement Agreement Template Singapore