- Ordered a 256 MB SD card (for my Treo 600) off Amazon.com. And in case anyone’s wondering, here’s why Amazon.com is eating online retailers for lunch: Including shipping, my 256 MB SD card cost what a 128 MB SD card would have cost at my nearest Best Buy or Circuit City.
- Went grocery shopping, and bought pretty much all the ingredients I’ll need for making cookies this weekend. I plan to make about six different kinds of cookies on Saturday.
- Did a bit of Christmas shopping, using a coupon to my advantage.
- For dinner, made
pan-friedcatfish with a lemon-sakesauce. Very tasty, though the sauce needed more lemon juice.
- Proofed 11 pages of “Blue,” a young adult fantasy novel that a friend of mine is writing. This is her second draft of the novel, and it’s a big improvement over the first, as she’s removed a lot of stuff about the protagonist going around school.
- Made palmier dough, which is a crispy
leaf-shapedcookie somewhat like crispy cinnamon rolls. It’s made by making pastry dough, then sprinkling it with cinnamon sugar, folding it into quarters then folding it in half, chilling, and baking it. I’ve done all but the baking, which I plan to do Saturday morning for breakfast. It was a bit of an ordeal, but I think I can get used to it and make it every week.
- Made buckeye balls, which are peanut butter balls surrounded with chocolate. One of my favorite holiday treats. They’re pretty easy to assemble; they’re just
time-consuming, because you have to shape each ball, then chill them, then dip each one in chocolate.